Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL



problemIf your Issue is:
I'm being verbally abused because of my nationality or race

Racism is not tolerated at the RAU. Report it to the SPOC (single person of contact) Steve Martin, Security and Student Conduct Manager. 

Contact email:  

You can also e-mail  It's important you let someone know what is happening. You can also see the Student Support page on Gateway.


problemIf your Issue is:
I have been raped or sexually assaulted


Student Support services staff are here to support you whether or not you choose to report this to the police. If you need support outside office hours contact Porters Lodge/Security staff on the dedicated 24/7 emergency landline 01285 889834. They will be able to contact the Duty Officer to help you. It's important that you tell someone you trust.


academicIf your Issue is:

What do the regulations say about…?

You can find most, if not all, RAU regulations on the RAU Website. Also, the Student Handbook provides a basic statement of the regulations with links to greater detail if you need it. If you are still struggling, make an appointment to see your Module Leader or Academic Support Tutor as appropriate.  


problemIf your Issue is:
I can't concentrate since we split up

Visit Student Support Services Hub who have resources available to help you concentrate.  You can also speak to your Academic Support Tutor.


Restaurant opening times can be found in the Student Handbook.

Please check the times here:


problemIf your Issue is:

I've been fined by RAU, why!?

Speak to the Student & Community Officer who can be found in the Student Union Office located in the Log Cabin next to Cedar Lodge. You will be provided with advice and guidance about what the fine is for or where to go with this issue.

You can also see: