Big Yellow Button - Help and Support FAQs

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL



problemIf your Issue is:
I'm being verbally abused because of my nationality or race

Report it to the SPOC (single person of contact) which is Julie Tottle, Student Support Services Manager who is based in the Student Support Services Hub. You can also e-mail It's important you let someone know what is happening. You can also see the Student Support page on Gateway.

Entry link: Racism


problemIf your Issue is:
I have been raped or sexually assaulted.


Student Support services staff are here to support you whether or not you choose to report this to the Police. If you need support outside office hours the Porters Lodge/security will be able to contact the Duty Officer to help you. It's important that you tell someone you trust

Entry link: Rape


academicIf your Issue is:

What do the regulations say about…?

You can find most, if not all, RAU regulations on the RAU Website. Also, the Student Handbook provides a basic statement of the regulations with links to greater detail if you need it. If you are still struggling, make an appointment to see your Module or Personal Tutor as appropriate.  

Entry link: Regulations


problemIf your Issue is:
I can't concentrate since we split up

Visit Student Support Services Hub who have resources available to help you concentrate.  You can also speak to your Personal Tutor.

Entry link: Relationships


Restaurant opening times

Entry link: Restaurant


problemIf your Issue is:

I've been fined by RAU, why!?

Speak to the Student & Community Officer who can be found in the Students Union Office located in the Log Cabin next to Cedar Lodge. They will be able to provide some advice and guidance about what the fine is for or where to go with this issue.

You can also see:

Entry link: Rules