Help and Support

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL


Late hand-in

If your Issue is:

I missed the hand-in! What next?


You can submit up to one week late but your mark for that assignment will be capped at 40%. If your late submission was due to exceptional circumstances, you might be able to make an application for Mitigation which, if successful, will provide you an opportunity to submit the work and receive an uncapped mark. Further details can be found on the RAU Website in the RAU Academic Policies and Procedures -  Academic Regulations Part 1, Sections 5 and 6.

Academic policies and procedures:

Learning Support


I need learning support due to dyslexia or autism – who should I tell, what help can I get?


Let the university know as far in advance as possible. John Conway is the Disability Officer and he is based in Cedar Lodge. Drop him an e-mail, He will arrange to see you to discuss what adjustments are possible.

You can also see:

The RAU disability page at

If the above does not answer your question, you could try:


If your Issue is:

They're all in cliques. Nobody speaks to me.


Visit Student Support Services Hub where you will be able to talk to someone. They will also be able to put you in touch with the STARs who run events and provide advice for student life. See Gateway for opening times and the times the STARs are available.

You can also see STARs (Support Team Advice Reps)

Another link you can try is the Student Support Hub:

Opening hours of Student Support hub