RAU graduate employability hits 98%
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) is thrilled to announce high employability figures across the board. Recent surveys of 2014 graduates have shown that 98.2% of undergraduates are in employment or further study within six months of leaving the University.
The statistics reveal that 98.2% of RAU students who graduated in 2014 are now either in work or full-time study. In fact, only 1.8% were still seeking work. Information from the 2014 full-time UK undergraduates also revealed that the majority (73%) had secured more senior positions – classed as ‘professional or managerial roles’.
Postgraduate employability rates at the RAU also remain encouragingly high. The most recent statistics reveal 92.9% are in employment or further study within six months after graduating.
As reported by the Complete University Guide 2016, the RAU has ranked in the top 10 in the UK for degree completion, academic spend and facilities spend – recognising its high investment and expenditure per student on staff and student facilities.
£10,000 postgraduate scholarships now available
NINE scholarships worth £10,000 each are now available for students who wish to study on a postgraduate degree at the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) in October 2015.
The awards will cover full tuition fees and an additional grant for living costs – to a combined total of £10,000. Through the Postgraduate Student Support Scheme, the University is particularly seeking to support students who may otherwise be unable to continue to postgraduate study.
Eligible students should fulfil ALL of the following criteria:
- completed an undergraduate course, either at the RAU or elsewhere, and paid higher level tuition fees (since 2012, £6,000 - £9,000)
- have applied for a taught MSc programme at the RAU starting in October 2015
- studying full-time over one year or part-time over a maximum of two years
- must be a UK or an EU citizen and have a home address within the UK or European Union;
Plus ONE of the following:
- have been in receipt of the maximum maintenance grant and/or additional financial support or scholarship
- have received a Disabled Student Allowance
- is a care leaver
- first in their immediate family (parents and siblings) to complete an undergraduate qualification
- have a permanent home address within 20 miles of the RAU campus
If you think you could be eligible to receive this award and are interested in applying, please fill in the online application form by 30 June 2015. You will receive the decision by 31 July.
Prizes to be won in IT Survey
You are invited to participate in this year’s Royal Agricultural University IT Survey. There are prizes to won. Three £15 Amazon vouchers for the best three suggestions.
Still time to top-up
Studying in your final year of your foundation degree? There’s still time to top up to a BSc (Hons) degree with a top-up course at the RAU.
We’ve developed a range of courses that allow you to graduate with a full BSc Honours degree in just one further year of full-time study:
BSc (Hons) Agricultural Management
BSc (Hons) Countryside management
BSc (Hons) Equine Science
You don’t need to apply through UCAS, simply email email@example.com to register your interest.
Tuition Fee and/or Maintenance Loan Information
You must apply for your Tuition Fee Loan and/or Maintenance Loan every year.
Continuing Full-Time Students should apply now for their Student Finance Funding for 2015/16.
Send us your designs for the 2015 RAU Christmas card
We’re looking for something fantastically festive to grace the cover of our 2015 RAU Christmas card, and we’d love for all you creative types to help us with the design! With more cold weather on its way, it’s the perfect time to get out and about in the beautiful Cotswold countryside.
Submit your snaps, sketches and suitably seasonal designs and you could see your creation immortalised on this year’s Christmas card. We’re open to every medium, from photography to potato printing, as long as it represents the University in some way shape or form!
How to enter
Simply send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it in to the marketing office in the Bathurst Wing. Please include your name and course.
The winner, as well as designing our new card, will be credited on the back of the card, which will be sent to friends of the University around the world, including leading industry figures. Additionally, the winner will receive 20 copies of the card.
The theme is ‘the RAU’. This can be interpreted in many forms, for instance the building(s), people and activities that make the RAU special.
Closing date: Friday 19 June 2015
- This competition is open to current RAU students
- A maximum of three entries will be accepted per entrant
- The cover design must represent the RAU
- Entries can be photography or artwork, but must be original and copyright must belong to the entrant. By submitting a design the entrant is giving the RAU permission to reproduce it.
- Any photo entries can be submitted as a JPEG / GIF image and must be a minimum of 300dpi.
- The competition will be judged by a small panel of members of staff from across the RAU. The winner will be announced at the beginning of the autumn term, and will be contacted directly.