RAU tops league tables for academic and facilities spend
||The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) has ranked in the top 10 in the UK for academic and facilities spend and degree completion, according to the Complete University Guide 2016.
The RAU has placed sixth in the UK, for facilities spend. In recent years, the RAU has invested heavily in student facilities, including sports, careers services, health and counselling, etc.). It also placed eighth in the UK for academic spend, which ranks the university’s expenditure, per student, on library and computing facilities and software, books and journals etc.
The University came seventh in the UK for degree completion, recognising the high rate of first degree undergraduate students who complete the studies they undertake here at the RAU.
RAU graduate employability hits 98%
The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) is thrilled to announce high employability figures across the board. Recent surveys of 2014 graduates have shown that 98.2% of undergraduates are in employment or further study within six months of leaving the University.
The statistics reveal that 98.2% of RAU students who graduated in 2014 are now either in work or full-time study. In fact, only 1.8% were still seeking work. Information from the 2014 full-time UK undergraduates also revealed that the majority (73%) had secured more senior positions – classed as ‘professional or managerial roles’.
Postgraduate employability rates at the RAU also remain encouragingly high. The most recent statistics reveal 92.9% are in employment or further study within six months after graduating.
As reported by the Complete University Guide 2016, the RAU has ranked in the top 10 in the UK for degree completion, academic spend and facilities spend – recognising its high investment and expenditure per student on staff and student facilities.
£10,000 postgraduate scholarships now available
NINE scholarships worth £10,000 each are now available for students who wish to study on a postgraduate degree at the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) in October 2015.
The awards will cover full tuition fees and an additional grant for living costs – to a combined total of £10,000. Through the Postgraduate Student Support Scheme, the University is particularly seeking to support students who may otherwise be unable to continue to postgraduate study.
Eligible students should fulfil ALL of the following criteria:
- completed an undergraduate course, either at the RAU or elsewhere, and paid higher level tuition fees (since 2012, £6,000 - £9,000)
- have applied for a taught MSc programme at the RAU starting in October 2015
- studying full-time over one year or part-time over a maximum of two years
- must be a UK or an EU citizen and have a home address within the UK or European Union;
Plus ONE of the following:
- have been in receipt of the maximum maintenance grant and/or additional financial support or scholarship
- have received a Disabled Student Allowance
- is a care leaver
- first in their immediate family (parents and siblings) to complete an undergraduate qualification
- have a permanent home address within 20 miles of the RAU campus
If you think you could be eligible to receive this award and are interested in applying, please fill in the online application form by 30 June 2015. You will receive the decision by 31 July.