Chinese New Year Celebration
On behalf of all the Chinese students in the RAU, the Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA RAU)would like to invite you all to join the Chinese New Year celebration - year of Monkey, on Thursday 18th 2016.
As usual the celebration will start with a traditional Chinese meal in our Dining Hall which will start at 6:00pm and Student/staff performance will start at 7:30 pm in Boutflour Hall.
Everybody is welcome and you can bring over as many friends as you like.
If there are any queries, do please feel free to contact Mr Fengbin Shi at FENGBIN.SHI@student.rau.ac.uk and Mr Campbell Saul at CAMPBELL SAUL (CAMPBELL.SAUL@student.rau.ac.uk).
We look forward to seeing you all in the celebration.
Wish you a happy Chinese New Year!
Take part in Sport Relief 2016
We’re proud to be hosting the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile 2016 on Sunday 20 March, for the third year running.
Whether you’re a keen runner or an occasional jogger, sign up now at www.sportrelief.com and help raise money for a fantastic cause. You’ll be running alongside local heroes from Forest Green Rovers.
Set in 25 acres of beautiful Cotswold countryside, it’s sure to be an incredible event. It will start from the RAU Gym at 10am (arrive by 9.30am to register) and take in the sights of the picturesque University grounds.
It’s £7 per adult, £3 per child, and £17 for a family (two adults, two children).
There’ll even be bacon sandwiches and music afterwards to celebrate!
Mark Long said: “The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile in Cirencester is here and it’s your time to walk or run yourself proud. From little ones with their mums and dads, to runners up against the clock there’s something for everyone to make themselves feel proud on this special day.”
Sport Relief is back from Friday 18 to Sunday 20 March 2016 and there are more ways than ever for you to take part, change lives and feel proud.
Find out more on the RAU website.
Chartered Management Institute
Success for the School of Business and Entrepreneurship programmes as all its programmes have now been fully accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, CMI which is the professional body for managers and leaders. The first group of undergraduates received dual qualifications in July 2015. With the full accreditation complete this will mean that from 2016 onwards all students will be graduating with ‘Dual Qualifications’ i.e. a BSc (Hons) and a Level 6 Diploma in Management and Leadership for undergraduates and an MSc or MBA and a Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership for postgraduates.
In addition, first degree graduates will become eligible immediately for Associate membership - ACMI, and our masters level graduates will be eligible for member status – MCMI.
This dual qualification combing an academic degree with a professional Diploma signals to all employers that our graduates are qualified and skilled for management positions.
This development will place all our graduates at an advantage in their careers and future development.
- This is a significant development with exceptional benefits available to all SBE students during your studies and for your employability. The CMI portal ManagementDirect will provide some of the most recent surveys, business reports and all the main journal articles to assist students taking all core and elective modules.
- Mentoring support from industry leaders for you career development, professional assistance with CV writing, external speakers who are making the agenda and
- special CMI awards to our outstanding students are some of the benefits coming out of this important partnership.
- All full time staff of the SBE are now registered members with professional status and this partnership will also play a part in their professional development.
- The School has adopted the CMI’s code of conduct and practice as it moves ahead of its competitors by having its degrees accredited at the Diploma level which very few have.
For details please visit the CMI site on Student One Stop Shop
Have your say about the RAU experience
All final year undergraduates
Taking part is easy go to www.thestudentsurvey.com on your computer, phone or tablet.
Can’t get to a computer? Frank Garner Room 10 is open every day 12-2pm from 25 January – 5 February for you to take part.
As a thank you we are offering a £5 UNICARD credit to spend on campus for all eligible students who take part.