Help and Support

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL



infoIf your Issue is:
How do I report a university maintenance issue like a leaking tap?

Please report it to the Porters Lodge who will log it with the maintenance team.

Entry link: Maintenance

Medical Centre

helthIf your Issue is: 
I'm not feeling well where do I go? (also see emergencies).

The Medical Centre is open during term time (in the corner of the Quad behind main reception), Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. 9am - 2pm. The nurse runs drop in sessions and can refer you for an appointment to see the doctor. If it's urgent and outside of these times you can call the Phoenix GP Surgery on 01285 652056. If you are not registered locally you will need to be seen as a visiting patient, but any long term medical care will have to come from the practice you are registered with.   E-mail                                                                             

The Sexual Health Clinic runs from the medical centre on Thursdays 10am-2pm.

You can also get advice from the Student Support Services Hub.

Entry link: Medical Centre

Mental health

helthIf your Issue is:
I don't know what's wrong with me.


Visit Student Support Services Hub who have resources available to help you.  Also see your GP if your symptoms are sudden or unexpected.

You can also see:

Entry link: Mental health


infoIf your Issue is:
I'd like to help. What can I do?

Contact the Senior personal tutor, Matthew Smith via

Entry link: Mentors


academicIf your Issue is:

I've been accused of misconduct. What should I do?

Don't panic! There might be a perfectly innocent explanation as to how you might be implicated in collusion or cheating. However, RAU take academic misconduct very seriously and if you have plagiarised, colluded or cheated in any assessed work, you can expect to be taken through the disciplinary process but hopefully in a fair and non-judgemental way. See the RAU website for the RAU Academic Regulations Part 1 Section 12. This will explain the process, the time frame and outline who can help you and how.  

The RAU Academic Regulations are available from the RAU website:

Entry link: Misconduct

Module tutor

problemIf your Issue is:
My tutor hates me!

Oh dear! You can't really raise that with your Module Tutor then can you? This might be something you feel comfortable to speak about in confidence with your personal tutor (if they are not the Module Tutor in question!). Alternatively, you might also speak to your Program Leader or Head of Centre. If that seems daunting, you could approach the Student Union or use the Big Yellow Button and report the matter via the Cause for Concern link. Personality clashes can arise at times, but with cooperation and determination, they can be overcome.  

Entry link: Module tutor


problemIf your Issue is:
I can't pay my credit card bill

Helen Joyner, Registry, Exams Officer. is responsible for administration of the  grants, bursaries and funds you may be able to apply for but this is not guaranteed.

You can also see:

Another link you can try is:

f your Issue is:
Can I get a student loan for the Pre-Sessional?

Helen Joyner, Registry, Exams Officer. is responsible for adminstration of the  grants, bursaries and funds you may be able to apply for but this is not guaranteed.

If your Issue is:
Do I have to apply for my loan each year?

Yes. Speak to the finance team if you are not sure.

You can also see:

Entry link: Money

myRAU mobile and desktop app

InformationIf your issue is:
I don't know how to access the myRAU app.

All the details on the app are available from the myRAU support page on Gateway along with a detailed user guide.

Entry link: myRAU mobile and desktop app