Big Yellow Button - Help and Support FAQs

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)



infoIf your Issue is:
How can I get in shape?


Our Gym is on site situated behind the Retreat Cafe. 

To arrange an induction session, contact: or 

Gym membership is priced at:

Term 1 (Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec):   £45

Term 2 (Jan, Feb & Mar):               £35

Term 3 (Apr & May):                      £25

One-off annual payment:             £90

Membership can be purchased via the online shop. Once you have paid for your membership, access rights will be put onto your ID card. Please note that this will take up to 48 hrs to process but you will be notified as soon as it has been processed.

The Student Union also runs various sports clubs . The SU is situated in the Log Cabin by Cedar Lodge.

Contact details:

Fitting in

ProblemIf your Issue is:
I just don't feel I belong

Visit Student Support Services Hub where you will be able to talk to someone. You could also talk to your Personal Tutor. They will also be able to put you in touch with the STARs who run events and provide advice for student life.


healthIf your Issue is:
I can't shake this virus!

See the RAU nurse in the Health / Medical Centre just to the right of the clock tower off the Main Quad. You can also get advice from the Student Support Services Hub or contact Phoenix GP Surgery on 01285 652056 to make an appointment.

You can also visit this NHS page:



problemIf your Issue is: 

I have a gambling problem


Visit Student Support Services Hub where staff will be able to provide advice and resources to help you. Getting help early is important. 

You can also see: - a leading national provider of information, advice, support and free treatment for anyone affected by problem gambling. Their expert services are confidential and non-judgmental.



problemIf your Issue is:
I think someone has hacked my PC

Contact the IT Service Desk as soon as possible and ask for help.  If you have any IT issues please contact the IT Service Desk in person in the Library Foyer, by phone on 01285 889 841 or by email at (open Monday to Friday from 8:30am - 5:30pm).


problemIf your Issue is:
They won't leave me alone!

Harassment of any nature is not acceptable at RAU. Your Personal Tutor is available to talk to you or you can visit Student Support Services for help. It's important to let someone know what is happening. 

Also check out the free Hollie Guard personal security app:


If your Issue is:
Help! I am really struggling with my day to day bills.

For some students, attending University may be the first time that you have managed your own money and it can be challenging. Should you find yourself in a situation of hardship,  contact

You can also see:

Health and safety

infoIf your Issue is:
What is the RAU H&S policy?

The Health & Safety policy is available in the Student Handbook on the RAU website:

The RAU Academic Regulations are available from the RAU website:

Health/Medical Centre

helthIf your Issue is: 
I'm not feeling well where do I go? (also see Emergencies).

The Health / Medical Centre is open during term time (in the corner of the Quad behind main reception). NOTE: Currently an appointment must be made before attending. 

Opening times are:

Term timeSurgery open hours
Monday9:30am - 1:15pm
Tuesday9:30am - 11.45am
Wednesday9:30am - 1:15pm
Friday9:30am - 12:45pm

Please call 01285 652531 ext 2216 during clinic hours and the nurse will be able to assist you. If you have a non-urgent matter or need information, visit the RAU portal on the Phoenix Health Group website at If you are not registered locally you will need to be seen as a visiting patient, but any long term medical care will have to come from the practice you are registered with.  The Health/Medical Centre can also be contacted for non-emergencies on

A sexual health clinic operates from the University Health/Medical Centre during term time. 

Student Services also offer C-Card registration, which entitles students to free contraception across Gloucestershire. 

You can also get advice from the Student Support Services Hub and the main RAU website:


infoIf your Issue is:
Who shares my interests?

Visit the Student Union Office which is situated in the Log Cabin next to Cedar Lodge. The SU runs events and societies and are always open to suggestions and ideas for new groups. The STARs also run events and would love to hear your ideas, they can be found by visiting the Student Support Services Hub in the Emrys Jones Centre.

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)