Big Yellow Button - Help and Support FAQs

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  (Next)



infoIf your Issue is:
Can I send recorded delivery from campus? 

Visit the Porter's Lodge where they will be able to assist you. There is also a post box onsite for sending outgoing letters. 

Entry link: Post


problemIf your Issue is:
I think I may be pregnant - where can I go for help?

See Health / Medical Centre. Also visit Student Support Services Hub where you will be able to talk to someone impartial and in confidence.

You can also see:

Another link you can try is:

Entry link: Pregnancy


infoIf your Issue is:
How can I print from my laptop?

If you have any issues please contact the IT Service Desk in person in the Library Foyer, by phone on 01285 889 841 or by email at (open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm).

Entry link: Printing

Programme Manager

If your Issue is: 
I can't talk to my Module Tutor. Who is my Programme Manager?

Whilst you might feel you can't talk to your Module Tutor about a matter, it is always best to try if you can, if only out of respect. If you find that you Module Tutor is not open to your problem or difficulty, then please do raise it with the Programme Manager. You can find out who this is on your Course or Programme Gateway Page or ask any of the professional staff in the Frank Garner Hub Office (first floor) . You may also want to mention this to your Personal Tutor.

Entry link: Programme Manager

Public transport

infoPlease see Travel.

Entry link: Public transport



problemIf your Issue is:
I'm being verbally abused because of my nationality or race

Racism is not tolerated at the RAU. Report it to the SPOC (single person of contact) which is Steve Martin, Security and Student Conduct Manager  You can also e-mail  It's important you let someone know what is happening. You can also see the Student Support page on Gateway.

Entry link: Racism


problemIf your Issue is:
I have been raped or sexually assaulted


Student Support services staff are here to support you whether or not you choose to report this to the Police. If you need support outside office hours the Porters Lodge/Security staff will be able to contact the Duty Officer to help you. It's important that you tell someone you trust.

Entry link: Rape


academicIf your Issue is:

What do the regulations say about…?

You can find most, if not all, RAU regulations on the RAU Website. Also, the Student Handbook provides a basic statement of the regulations with links to greater detail if you need it. If you are still struggling, make an appointment to see your Module or Personal Tutor as appropriate.  

Entry link: Regulations


problemIf your Issue is:
I can't concentrate since we split up

Visit Student Support Services Hub who have resources available to help you concentrate.  You can also speak to your Personal Tutor.

Entry link: Relationships


Restaurant opening times can be found in the Student Handbook.

Entry link: Restaurant

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  (Next)