Big Yellow Button - Help and Support FAQs

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)



problemIf your Issue is:
I think someone has hacked my PC

Contact the IT Service Desk as soon as possible and ask for help.  If you have any issues please contact the IT Service Desk in person in the Library Foyer, by phone on 01285 889 841 or by email at (open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm).

Entry link: Hacking


problemIf your Issue is:
They won't leave me alone!

Your Personal Tutor is available to talk to you or you can visit Student Support Services for help. It's important to let someone know what is happening. 

Also check out the Hollie Guard personal security app it's free:

Entry link: Harrassment

Health and safety

infoIf your Issue is:
What is the RAU H&S policy?

The Health & Safety policy is available in the Student Handbook on the RAU website:

The RAU Academic Regulations are available from the RAU website:

Entry link: Health and safety

Health/Medical Centre

helthIf your Issue is: 
I'm not feeling well where do I go? (also see Emergencies).

The Health / Medical Centre is open during term time (in the corner of the Quad behind main reception). *Currently an appointment must be made before attending. 

Opening times are:

Term timeSurgery open hours
Monday9:00am - 1:30pm
Tuesday9:00am - 12:00 noon
Wednesday9:00am - 1:30pm
Friday9:00am - 1:00pm

Please telephone the Phoenix GP Surgery on 01285 652056 to make an *appointment. If you are not registered locally you will need to be seen as a visiting patient, but any long term medical care will have to come from the practice you are registered with.  The Health/Medical Centre can also be contacted for non-emergencies on

A sexual health clinic operates from the University Health/Medical Centre during term time. 

You can also get advice from the Student Support Services Hub and the main RAU website:

Entry link: Health/Medical Centre


infoIf your Issue is:
Who shares my interests?

Visit the Student Union office which is situated in the Log Cabin next to Cedar Lodge. They run events and societies and are always open to suggestions and ideas for new groups. The STARs also run events and would love to hear your ideas, they can be found by visiting the Student Support Services Hub in the Emrys Jones Centre.

Entry link: Hobbies

Home sickness

probkemIf your Issue is:
I really miss home!

Visit Student Support Services Hub where you will be able to talk to someone and they will be able to put you in touch with the STARs who are available to help you settle in. 

You can also see this link regarding advice for freshers:

Entry link: Home sickness


problemIf your Issue is:
I'm being verbally abused because I'm gay

Homophobic harassment is not tolerated at RAU.

Report it to the SPOC (single person of contact) which is Steve Martin, Security and Student Conduct Manager.  Contact details: Email 

You can also use the email. It's important you let someone know what is happening.

You can also see or

Entry link: Homophobia


HealthIf your Issue is:
I've got to go into hospital - what do I do about my studies?

Notify your Personal Tutor that you will be away from studies. Once you are feeling up to it contact Student Support Services Hub who will guide you through how to apply for a deferral or extension. If this is accepted you will be allowed extra time to submit coursework.

See Rules and Regulations on the One Stop Shop on Gateway

You can also see:

Opening hours of Student Support hub

Entry link: Hospitalisation


problemIf your Issue is:
I can't get on with a housemate

Visit the Accommodation Office  or e-mail She will arrange to meet you and discuss options for alternative accommodation if necessary. If you live off site and have a problem with your housemates  visit Student Support Services who can provide advice.

You can also see:

If the above does not answer your question, you could try:
Opening hours of Student Support hub

Entry link: Housemates



healthIf your Issue is:
I feel really ill and can't get in to University


If you are too ill to attend University, you must let your Personal Tutor know and email If your illness affects the hand in date of an assignment you must contact  Also see Health / Medical Centre.

You can also:
Call 111 for medical advise if you are struggling to get out of the house.

Entry link: Illness

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)