Big Yellow Button - Help and Support FAQs

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ALL

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  (Next)


Shuttle bus

Please see Travel


infoIf your Issue is:
How can I meet new people? I'm really shy

The STARs run events and provide advice for student life.  You can also speak to the Student Support Services team  who are located in the Student Support Services Hub  in the Emrys Jones Centre. 


infoIf your Issue is:
What societies can I join?

Visit the Student Union Office situated in the Log Cabin next to Cedar Lodge or email The STARs also arrange events on a regular basis and they can be found in the Student Support Services Hub in the Emrys Jones Centre. 

Special needs

healthIf your Issue is:
Who can help me with my Dyslexia/ Autism/ Aspergers/ ADHD?


Let the University know as far in advance as possible. Contact the Disability & Inclusive Learning Advisor Rebecca Reynolds who is based in the Student Hub, Emrys Jones Centre. You will be offered an appointment to discuss what adjustments are possible to support you.

Contact details: e-mail

You can also see:
The RAU Dyslexia and Disability page on Gateway and on the RAU website:


problemIf your Issue is:

Someone is following me

Please report this to the police.  Student Support Services staff can also help you with this. If you need support outside office hours the Porters Lodge will be able to contact the Duty Officer for you.  They can be contacted from 7:00am - 8:00pm ring 01285 652531, from 8:00pm - 7:00am call 07960031821. It is important you let someone know what is happening.

You can also see:

Check out the Hollie Guard personal security app it's free


informationIf your Issue is:
What are STARs and what do they do?

Answer: STARs are student ambassadors who are trained to offer peer-to-peer support. You can find out more about STARs on the University Support Services Gateway page.

You can also contact if you would like the opportunity to become a STAR. 


Please see Wellbeing

Struggling academically

academicIf your Issue is:
I just don't get it!


If this feeling is due to a particular module, then it is best to discuss it with your Module Leader as they are best placed to help you with alternative learning strategies. If it's University learning in general, you might want to talk to your Personal Tutor who can look at things more holistically and help you understand why you are struggling. 

It might be that you are dyslexic and never knew or you just haven't been given the opportunity to develop your learning skills. For advice and support, contact the Disability and Inclusive Learning Advisor on or pop into the Student Hubb in Emrys Jones. Be assured at RAU we want every student to reach their full potential. You may need to push yourself, but we are here to help you.

Student Ambassadors


Our Student Ambassadors will be able to give you a real insight into the programmes we offer at RAU and the lowdown on student life. 

You can contact a Student Ambassador here

Student loan


If your Issue is:
Do I have to apply for my loan each year?

Yes. Speak to the finance team by emailing and they will be able to advise you. 

You can also see:

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  (Next)